Our Business Model
Our consultants execute strategy consulting projects for clients, author our market reports, contribute to our journals and are content leads for our conferences. They are subject matter experts with extensive networks of CEO level relationships, supported by our research and data teams and with access to our extensive proprietary data and data collection capabilities.
Stephen was a Member of Parliament for 36 years serving as Secretary of State for Health from 1995 to 1997 and the first elected chair of the House of Commons Health Committee between 2010 and 2014, and also acted as a senior adviser to KPMG supporting the Global Health and Public Sector practice.
He has an MA in Law from the University of Oxford.
Henry was an investment banker for nearly 20 years, advising healthcare companies across Europe. He started his career as a lawyer with Linklaters in London, New York and Washington before moving into banking with Rothschild, UBS Investment Bank and Jefferies, where he was Joint Head of European Healthcare Investment Banking.
He has an MA in Law from the University of Oxford.
Before founding LaingBuisson in 1976, William worked for the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and the Office of Health Economics where he was Deputy Director.
He has a BSc Econ from the London School of Economics.
Charlotte was a solicitor for 17 years and a partner focussed on corporate and personal tax at Speechly Bircham, now Charles Russell Speechly.
She has a MA in Modern History from the University of Oxford.
LaingBuisson is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing the the most talented employees. We're an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without reference to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
LaingBuisson’s well-read business news magazines Care Markets and Healthcare Markets are interested in meeting freelance writers and journalists with experience of writing on the healthcare sector.
LaingBuissons’ news publications cover a wide range of sub-sectors within the business environments of independent social care and acute care, from reporting on political and legislative change to analysing end of year accounts to interviewing CEOs and COOs of the major market players.
If you could be a valuable addition to our team of writers please contact us with samples of your work and to request a sample copy of our titles.
In the first instance please contact Justin Merritt, Publishing Director on email@example.com
A rare opportunity has arisen for two senior researchers to join our growing research team in London. You will be joining LaingBuisson as we embark on a strategic shift in the way we do research: as the world becomes more digital, so clients are looking for data in real time and that is changing how we work in exciting ways. This is a chance to be involved in truly cutting-edge projects from their initiation to delivery.
As a senior researcher, you will have already established your career in research. This is likely to have been gained in a commercial setting, and not necessarily health and social care. You will understand quantitative research methodologies and their application, and have been involved in the writing of reports. You will thrive in a challenging environment, and work well in teams, motivating those around you to achieve team objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- To oversee and manage the process for co-ordinating and getting to completion approximately 10 market reports per year, working with colleagues in the research and data teams as well as the authors and our production team.
- To oversee and manage the process of updating the reports, including ensuring surveys are undertaken and completed in a timely fashion, engaging in interviews as necessary, and leading on desk research and trend analysis.
- To review and update master documents for each report that you have responsibility for, making them ready in good time for the lead authors to start their work.
- To undertake other duties as necessary commensurate to a role of this nature and seniority.
Personal skills and attributes:
- Quantitative research skills, in particular you must have at least intermediate Excel capabilities (e.g. producing charts, using formulae (including use of $ to fix cell values), pivot tables, lookups and use of filters).
- Report writing – you will need the ability to contribute to reports by writing passages as required and supporting the editing process.
- Economics – an economics background is helpful but not essential. However, you will need to have a demonstrable interest in the subject.
- Inquisitive and hungry for more knowledge – you are the kind of person who is not satisfied until you have found the right answer.
- Natural problem solver – able to work on your own and with others to find solutions which take your projects forwards.
- Project management – you will either have a recognised project management qualification (e.g. Prince2 or equivalent) and/or be able to demonstrate a proven capability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Organised – you will have the skills and ability to give those around you confidence that you will manage your projects to a successful conclusion.
- Good work ethic – you will take pride in getting a good job done and inspire others to do the same.
If you see yourself in this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting SR0219. Starting salary £35,000-£40,000 (depending on experience) and a benefits package including pension, life cover, critical illness cover, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK – we regret we cannot sponsor visa applications.
If you are interested in working at LaingBuisson but there are no vacancies listed above which match your skills and interests, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com outlining the kind of work you would be interested in and we will contact you when a suitable position arises.
Acquisition of Good Care Guide
Acquisition of Intuition Communication
Stephen Dorrell becomes Chairman and Henry Elphick CEO
Healthcare Markets launched
Care Markets launched
William Laing and his wife Agnes Buisson found Laing & Buisson