Do you have a good eye for a business opportunity? Have you shown yourself able to generate and qualify leads through a combination of social selling and networking? We are looking for a Business Development Executive to support our team of account managers selling our respected business intelligence products by helping them to reach wider audiences.
About the role
LaingBuisson is the UK’s leading provider of market intelligence, data solutions and consultancy to the healthcare and social care sectors.
Your role will be to support our account managers in developing our business in new areas. Specifically, through networking, both online and in person, you will identify new sales prospects, qualify them and pass them over to our account managers so they can propose our products and services to them. You will also maintain a range of relationships with senior figures in the sector and in trade associations to ensure LaingBuisson maintains a high profile.
- To identify new sales prospects for each account manager at the time of a new product launch (i.e., a report or event) and create target lists and reports for them on our Salesforce CRM.
- To research businesses, individuals and industry trends to identify potential new clients and markets, and ways to serve existing clients.
- To use a combination of outreach and social selling to generate and qualify leads through email, networking, LinkedIn and, as required, direct calling.
- To spot business opportunities and bring the right people together to convert them.
- To maintain and develop relationships with key trade bodies so that LaingBuisson has a high profile in the sector.
- To attend and represent the company at networking opportunities including conferences and industry events, both those run by LaingBuisson and those run by third parties.
- To support the Chief Operating Officer in the maintenance and development of our key press contacts.
- To attend client meetings with our account managers, as required.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to a role of this kind and grade.
- Communication – you will be a good ‘people person’ with excellent networking and communication skills, both online and in person.
- Sales – you should have experience of working in a sales environment such that you have a ready understanding of the support requirements of our account managers.
- CRM – you will be an adept user of Salesforce or be familiar with other CRMs and have the willingness and ability to learn Salesforce.
- Market knowledge – you will have good knowledge of the key markets in which we operate, namely health and social care, and you will develop expertise in our products, such that you will be able to pitch them in any situation.
- Time management – you will be a self-starter who is excellent a managing their own time efficiently and effectively.
- Planning – you will be a good planner, especially when it comes to devising and executing sales and marketing strategies.
Starting salary of £35,000 per year plus performance related bonus and a benefits package including flexible working, pension, life cover, employee assistance programme, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.