We have an opportunity for a student (sandwich year) or recent graduate to join LaingBuisson International for a 12-month placement as a Digital Content Editor. LaingBuisson International is the owner of market-leading B2C websites in the independent healthcare sector including www.privatehealth.co.uk, www.treatmentabroad.com, www.doctorinternet.ae and second opinion website, www.harleystreet.com. Since our merger with LaingBuisson, we are also involved in the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of their B2B websites, notably www.laingbuissonnews.com and www.laingbuisson.com.
The Digital Content Editor will support the Digital Communications team in writing content with a view to maximising sales, conversion and digital participation. You will be expected to use a variety of content types to create an engaging and informative experience and guide customers to research and buy the right products from our digital channels. You will need to be open to learning new computer skills, but this is not an IT role and no knowledge of HTML or other technical skills is required.
You will possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment. You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work confidently with internal teams and clients.
In return, working with our experienced and knowledgeable team, we can promise to build your skills by giving you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of digital content writing. Formal training will also be provided as required.
- To create and maintain web pages using our content management systems (WordPress and bespoke). Programming skills are not required.
- To create original content for web pages and update the content of our websites.
- To update our online databases.
- To use an image program to crop and resize images and upload them to the websites.
- To contact clients about updates to their pages and database records.
- To liaise with clients on the supply of content for their listings.
- To research competitor websites.
- To use Excel to manage data in spreadsheets.
- High level of computer literacy – you will be a very competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel, and in particular will be able to manage data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Good level of web literacy – including a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Good writing skills – you will have a good level of written English and be able to write and edit content in your own right.
- Willingness to learn – you will become an accomplished user of our content management systems and also of design packages.
Starting salary £16,000 and a benefits package including pension, life cover, critical illness cover, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered. This placement is offered as a 12-month fixed term contract.