We have an opportunity for a Digital Content Executive to join our Digital Communications team. LaingBuisson is the owner of market-leading B2C websites in the independent healthcare sector including www.privatehealth.co.uk, www.treatmentabroad.com, www.doctorinternet.ae and www.harleystreet.com. Our digital team is also responsible for the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of our B2B websites, notably www.laingbuissonnews.com and www.laingbuisson.com.
The Digital Content Executive will support the Digital Communications team in planning, writing and co-ordinating best in class content that maximises sales, conversion and digital participation. You will be responsible for managing and delivering email campaigns and updating of the company’s websites under the direction of the Commercial Director. The role requires a diverse but complementary skillset.
This may be your first role in digital content production and editing– you may be a new graduate with a relevant degree (e.g. English, journalism, marketing and communications) and work placements – or you may have already gained some experience in a commercial setting. You will possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment. You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work confidently with internal teams and clients.
In return, working with our experienced and knowledgeable team, we can promise to build your skills by giving you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of online content editing. Formal training will also be provided as required.
- To write content that supports the promotion plan and the content strategy.
- To ensure content is engaging and informative and supports customers on their browse/search/buy journey.
- To use analytics to assess the effectiveness of content and to make data-driven recommendations to improve the content.
- To create and maintain web pages using our content management systems (WordPress and bespoke). Programming skills are not required.
- To use WooCommerce to manage product purchases and subscriptions.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day production and delivery of digital marketing campaigns to our existing customer and prospect database using InfusionSoft.
- To manage client / prosect contact data adhering to the company’s data protection policy / GDPR.
- To provide weekly email campaign analytics.
- To use an image program to crop and resize images and upload them to the websites.
- To contact clients about updates to their pages and database records.
- To liaise with clients on the supply of content for their listings.
- To research competitor websites.
- To support social media channels with content and schedule social media from existing content.
- To support our digital team with data refinement and analysis.
- To optimise web content for user experience.
- High level of computer literacy – you will be a very competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- High level of web literacy – including a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO), a working knowledge of UX design and also of Google Services.
- Excellent writing skills – you will have a good level of written English and be able to write and edit content in your own right.
- Social Media – you will have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
- Digital content delivery – you will have an active interest in how digital content is delivered.
- Desirable: Marketing – you will understand basic product marketing principles.
Starting salary £22,000-25,000 (depending on experience) and a benefits package including pension, life cover, employee assistance programme, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.