We have an opportunity for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our Digital Communications team. The team is responsible for the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of our B2B websites, including www.laingbuisson.com, www.laingbuissonevents.com and www.laingbuissonawards.com. It is also responsible for developing the look and feel as well as written content for our broader online and offline marketing collateral.
The Digital Marketing Executive will support the Digital Communications team in planning, creating and co-ordinating best in class digital assets for use on our websites, social media and in our marketing materials. You will be responsible for creating graphics, image production and writing marketing copy under the direction of the Commercial Director. The role requires a diverse but complementary skillset, though please note, this is first and foremost a marketing role, not a graphic design role.
This may be your first role in digital marketing– you may be a new graduate with a relevant degree (e.g., marketing and communications) and work placements – or you may have already gained some experience in a commercial setting. You will possess excellent attention to detail and a good eye for design and will thrive in a deadline driven environment. You will have a keen understanding of how a good image can support written copy. You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work confidently with internal teams and clients.
In return, working with our experienced and knowledgeable team, we can promise to build your skills by giving you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of digital marketing. Formal training will also be provided as required.
- To develop graphics for use in our marketing collateral, social media and websites.
- To write marketing copy that is engaging and informative and supports customers on their browse/search/buy journey.
- To use analytics to assess the effectiveness of content and to make data-driven recommendations to improve the content.
- To create and maintain web pages using our content management systems (WordPress and bespoke). Programming skills are not required.
- To use InDesign for the development of marketing brochures and other collateral.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day production and delivery of digital marketing campaigns to our existing customer and prospect database using InfusionSoft.
- To manage client/prosect contact data adhering to the company’s data protection policy/GDPR.
- To use an image program to crop and resize images and upload them to the websites.
- To research competitor websites.
- To support social media channels with content and provide graphics and written content as required.
- To support our digital team with data refinement and analysis.
- To optimise web content for user experience.
- High level of computer literacy – you will be a very competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Marketing – you will understand basic product marketing principles.
- Design – you will be able to create digital graphics and will have a good design eye.
- Digital content delivery – you will have an active interest in how digital content is delivered.
- Excellent writing skills – you will have a good level of written English and be able to write and edit content in your own right.
- Social Media – you will have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
- Desirable: High level of web literacy – including a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO), a working knowledge of UX design and also of Google Services.
Starting salary of £22,000 and a benefits package including pension, life cover, employee assistance programme, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.