Are you interested in a career in corporate events? We have an opening for an Event Executive to support the planning and staging of our conferences and seminars/webinars. You may have experience in organising conferences or events, or have a complementary skillset of administrative and organisational skills and understand what is required to succeed in this role.
About the role
LaingBuisson holds a series of conferences, seminars and webinars focused on the healthcare and social care markets which attract senior executives and delegates (www.laingbuissonevents.com). We also hold an annual awards ceremony (www.laingbuissonawards.com).
As Event Executive your role will be to support our Head of Events in the flawless planning and staging of our corporate events. We are looking for someone with strong, proven administrative skills, aptitude for building relationships with a complex internal and external stakeholder groups, and project management ability. An understanding of the principles of marketing will be helpful.
In return, we offer the support of our friendly and experienced team who will share their passion and know-how for events. This role will offer the right candidate insight into new developments in the healthcare and social care sectors at a time when they are always in the news, as well as the opportunity to build your career in event management.
Our working days are Monday to Friday and the role is offered with the flexibility to split your working time between the office and home. However, applicants should note that owing to the demands of putting on live events, there are times, such as the day before and the day of a conference, when you will be required on site for long hours.
- To be responsible for all administrative aspects of arranging and managing events.
- To co-ordinate with speakers, sponsors and exhibitors, maintaining a relationship with them in the run up to the event.
- To assist the Event Manager in sourcing venues, hotels and catering for events.
- To co-ordinate and be the main point of contact for event suppliers such as AV, décor, etc, as necessary.
- To be onsite at events and provide first line customer service to delegates, speakers and suppliers.
- To create event materials, including name badges, staffing schedules and feedback surveys.
- To co-ordinate the dispatch of LaingBuisson exhibition stands and marketing materials to our events and any third-party events that the company attends.
- To arrange travel, accommodation and any special or individual requirements for speakers and staff attending events.
- Excellent administrative skills – you will be competent and experienced in diary management, correspondence, electronic filing and presentation.
- Project management – you will be able to assist with planning projects and implementing those plans.
- First-class communication skills – you will be able to communicate and build positive relationships with people at all levels up to C-suite, including colleagues, suppliers and speakers.
- Multi-tasker and self-starter – you will be able to manage and prioritise your own workload with the minimum of supervision.
- Desirable: Marketing – you will understand basic event marketing principles.
- Desirable: Videoconferencing – you will have a working knowledge of widely-used platforms such as Zoom and how these can be used for webinars.
Starting salary of £22,000
Our benefits package includes:
- Health cash plan
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Tech loan scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 'Love Electric’ electric car scheme
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.