We have an opportunity for a new Event Executive to join our Event team. LaingBuisson hold a series of conferences, seminars and webinars focused on the healthcare and social care markets which attract C-suite speakers and delegates (www.laingbuissonevents.com). We also hold two annual awards ceremonies, and plan to expand this business (www.laingbuissonawards.com).
This role will offer the right candidate insight into new developments in the healthcare and social care sectors at a time when they are always in the news, as well as the opportunity to build your career in event management.
As Event Executive your role will be to support our Event Manager in the flawless planning and staging of our corporate events. You may have previous direct experience of event management or you may have worked in a job using similar skills. You must have strong, proven administrative skills, aptitude for building relationships with a complex internal and external stakeholder groups, and project management ability. An understanding of the principles of marketing will be helpful.
In return, we offer the support of our friendly and experienced team who will share their passion and know-how for events. As you develop in the role, there will be opportunities to increase your responsibilities and grow your range of skills.
Our working days are Monday to Friday and the role is offered with the flexibility to split your working time between the office and home. However, applicants should note that owing to the demands of putting on live events, there are times, such as the day before and the day of a conference, when you will be required on site for long hours.
- To be responsible for all administrative aspects of arranging and managing events.
- To co-ordinate with speakers, sponsors and exhibitors, maintaining a relationship with them in the run up to the event.
- To assist the Event Manager in sourcing venues, hotels and catering for events.
- To co-ordinate and be the main point of contact for event suppliers such as AV, décor, etc, as necessary.
- To be onsite at events and provide first line customer service to delegates, speakers and suppliers.
- To create event materials, including name badges, staffing schedules and feedback surveys.
- To co-ordinate the dispatch of LaingBuisson exhibition stands and marketing materials to our events and any third-party events that the company attends.
- To arrange travel, accommodation and any special or individual requirements for speakers and staff attending events.
- Excellent administrative skills – you will be competent and experienced in diary management, correspondence, electronic filing and presentation.
- Project management – you will be able to assist with planning projects and implementing those plans.
- First-class communication skills – you will be able to communicate and build positive relationships with people at all levels up to C-suite, including colleagues, suppliers and speakers.
- Multi-tasker and self-starter – you will be able to manage and prioritise your own workload with the minimum of supervision.
- Desirable: Marketing – you will understand basic event marketing principles.
- Desirable: Videoconferencing – you will have a working knowledge of widely-used platforms such as Zoom and how these can be used for webinars.
Starting salary of £22,000 and a benefits package including pension, life cover, employee assistance programme, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.