The Financial Data Analyst works within our Research division, monitoring, verifying, analysing and entering financial data for providers across the UK healthcare sector. The role demands a high level of accuracy and attention to detail as well as first-class auditing skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals at all levels. You will be primarily responsible for entering financial reports into our proprietary database.
- To enter financial reports of companies in the UK healthcare sector on to the LaingBuisson database.
- To check the accuracy of the data entered and make corrections where required.
- To assist consultants with the development of market reports, ensuring project deadlines are met, and with the development of financial data products.
- To produce tables and indices to be included in our journals, Care Markets, Healthcare Markets and Healthcare Markets International.
- To communicate with individuals at all management levels in organisations to obtain and verify information.
- Other duties commensurate to a role of this type and at this level.
- A recognised accounting qualification or ‘qualification by experience’.
- Strong accounting skills – these will preferably be backed by a recognised accounting qualification. You will have the ability to interrogate, analyse and interpret profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Communication – ability to clearly and effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and management (verbal, written and telephone).
- Well-organised – you will plan and prioritise work effectively to meet strict deadlines in line with project expectations.
- Analytical – you will possess superb levels of accuracy and a very strong attention to detail.
- Flexible – and you will have the ability to use initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Team-player – you will need to collaborate with others to complete projects.
- Computer literate – strong proficiency with MS Office tools and a working knowledge of databases.
- Disciplined – you will have the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure and willingness to ‘do what needs doing’ when timescales are tight.
Starting salary £27,000 and a benefits package including life cover, critical illness cover, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including a full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.