Do you have a passion for writing, creating media assets and image production? Are you interested in a career in digital content production? We have an opportunity for an apprentice to join our experienced and knowledgeable digital communications team based in Berkhamsted. A broad interest in content production and why some things work while others don’t is highly desirable but a keen eye for detail and design are musts. In this role you will develop the ability to write copy and use media assets to support campaigns and also how to manage campaigns. While you are with us, you will complete an accredited Level 3 Junior Content Producer apprenticeship.
About the role
Our Digital Communications team is responsible for the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of our B2B websites, including www.laingbuisson.com, www.laingbuissonevents.com and www.laingbuissonawards.com. It is also responsible for developing the look and feel as well as written content for our broader online and offline marketing collateral.
As a Junior Content Producer, you will support our digital communications team in planning, writing and coordinating best in class content that maximises sales, conversion and participation. You will learn to interpret the objectives of a brief, write copy, prepare media assets to use alongside written content, deliver email and social media campaigns and update and optimise the company’s websites. You will be under the direction of our Commercial Director and work closely with other members of the digital communications team.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate some prior interest in digital content production, perhaps through a school or college project, a voluntary project or a work experience placement. You will possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment.
Working with our experienced and knowledgeable team, we can promise to build your skills by giving you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of content editing. At the same time, you will receive formal training by completing a Level 3 apprenticeship.
While working at LaingBuisson, you will gain proficiency in the following areas:
- To write content that supports the promotion plan and the content strategy.
- To ensure content is engaging and informative and supports customers on their browse/search/buy journey.
- To use analytics to assess the effectiveness of content and to make data-driven recommendations to improve the content.
- To create and maintain web pages using our content management systems (WordPress and bespoke). Programming skills are not required.
- To use WooCommerce to manage product purchases and subscriptions.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day production and delivery of digital marketing campaigns to our existing customer and prospect database using InfusionSoft.
- To manage client / prospect contact data adhering to the company’s data protection policy / GDPR.
- To provide weekly email campaign analytics.
- To use an image program to crop and resize images and upload them to the websites.
- To contact clients about updates to their pages and database records.
- To liaise with clients on the supply of content for their listings.
- To research competitor websites.
- To support social media channels with content and schedule social media from existing content.
- To support our digital team with data refinement and analysis.
- To optimise web content for user experience.
Key skills for development will include:
- High level of computer literacy – you will become a very competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- High level of web literacy – you will develop a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO), a working knowledge of UX design and also of Google Services.
- Excellent writing skills – you will have a good level of written English and will learn to write and edit content in your own right.
- Social Media – you will have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms in a business context.
- Digital content delivery – you will have an active interest in how digital content is delivered.
- Marketing – you will understand basic product marketing principles.
You will receive a salary of £17,300 while you complete your apprenticeship.
Benefits package to include:
- Life cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information how to apply.