LaingBuisson and PPP are looking for a proven senior research manager to provide vision, management, strategic direction and co-ordination to the research programmes and research teams of both companies. You will be able to identify opportunities for co-ordinating research programmes to the mutual benefit of LaingBuisson and Public Policy Projects and will act as an ambassador for both companies and their research.
Based at both LaingBuisson and PPP, you will have a background in economics or public health and care policy and an interest in how economics and public policy influence one another. A demonstrable interest in healthcare services, life sciences and environment and climate is highly desirable.
You will also manage LaingBuisson’s research team (6 people in total) and PPP’s research team of 8 analysts.
- To provide strategic leadership and day to day management of the research programmes of LaingBuisson and PPP.
- To provide team leadership and line management of LaingBuisson’s Research Project Manager and Research Executives.
- To provide direction and line management to PPP’s team of policy analysts and work with them and the wider PPP team on the development of topics for study.
- To work on the development of LaingBuisson’s and PPP’s current range of market reports, including transforming them into regularly updated subscription or sponsored products.
- To work with LaingBuisson’s Research Project Manager and PPP’s Operations Director to ensure the successful and timely delivery of policy and market reports.
- To develop new titles to add to the range of LaingBuisson and PPP reports, and to contribute to the writing of some.
- To be responsible for the development and consistency of our market models.
- To present at our conferences and webinars, as appropriate.
- To represent LaingBuisson and PPP as a media spokesperson (radio, tv, press).
- To liaise regularly with LaingBuisson’s Database Manager to ensure the timely collection, curation and delivery of data to support our market reports programme and wider research activities.
- To contribute to consultancy projects undertaken by LaingBuisson and PPP, both separately and severally, engaging with third-party consultants as appropriate.
- To manage client relationships and contribute to the development and marketing of LaingBuisson and PPP’s research expertise.
- To provide training and development for the research teams at LaingBuisson and PPP.
- Education: educated to at least Master’s degree level in Economics or a closely related field.
- Management: prior experience of team leadership and research management, with the ability to supervise and train co-workers.
- Professional expertise: in depth research and econometric skills; a sound understanding of the policy environment and how this relates to the work we do as economists; highly numerate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Communication: excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills; fluency in English (spoken and written) to a strong business standard.
- Personal style: self-starter who is able to work independently but who is collegiate in approach; able to motivate a team and work within that team to get things done; confident and resilient and able to engage in robust debate both internally and externally.
- Change and improvement: proven track record of driving innovation and improvements, of processes, products and research techniques.
- Subject knowledge: an understanding and preferably experience of research/policy development in healthcare, social care and life sciences.
- Client management: experience of working with stakeholders at all levels of organisations; able to build and maintain strong client relationships; demonstrable networking and influencing skills.
Similar to other senior staff, you will be expected to contribute to corporate activities and initiatives, such as staff meetings, development programmes and other corporate projects as necessary. You will be a full member of LaingBuisson’s and PPP’s Executive Committees.
- Health cash plan
- Life cover (4x salary)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Tech purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.