LaingBuisson’s research team works on our 30 respected, industry-standard reports, supporting our expert authors and working with our data team to ensure that they remain the go-to publications for providers, suppliers, advisors, investors and consultants who need to understand healthcare and social care markets. The team also supports ad hoc consultancy projects in our fields of expertise.
The opportunity is working with market experts and in a developing team to gain an unparalleled understanding of the healthcare and social care, not only in LaingBuisson’s ‘home’ UK market, but at a time when the company is actively seeking to diversify into international markets.
LaingBuisson is the foremost name in health and social care business intelligence and we have established our reputation for insightful, objective and independent advice over 30 years. We are widely viewed as the go-to provider of market intelligence on healthcare and social care not only by providers working in the sector, but also by advisors and suppliers. Our reports, consultancy work and data are all highly-respected in the sector and play a key role in shaping business decisions and in influencing government policy. We are the chosen supplier of data on the independent healthcare to the UK’s Office for National Statistics.
As a Research Executive, your main responsibilities will include:
- To research, validate and prepare data for the updating of our market reports and in support of consultancy projects
- To prepare market reports for annual update by identifying which parts will be updated directly based on LaingBuisson data and surveys and which require analysis and opinion from the lead author
- To build Excel models to facilitate data analysis for the market reports and to work with our authors to ensure modelling informs their lines of enquiry
- To work collaboratively with other team members to systematise the data research that underpins the reports
- To undertake data analysis to gain insight into market drivers
- To play a role in editing the text of the reports
- To undertake other duties as necessary commensurate to a role of this nature and level
- Education – you will be educated to at least bachelor’s degree (minimum 2:1) level in a relevant subject, such as economics, social policy, or another social science.
- Knowledge – you will be familiar with UK official economic statistics. Familiarity with the healthcare system in the UK will be an advantage but not essential.
- Quantitative skills – you will have advanced quantitative and numeracy skills. You will understand statistical data and be able to derive meaning from it; and you will have an advanced knowledge of Excel and be prepared to undertake further training as required to enable you to do your job.
- Literacy – you will have a high standard of English, be able to write well in your own right and contribute to proof-reading and editing of reports. English will be your first language (or you must have attained the same standard as a native speaker).
Personal attributes and values:
- Organised – you will be organised and give those you are working with, both inside and outside the organisation, the confidence that you will deliver work to agreed time scales.
- Team-player – you will need to collaborate with others to complete projects.
- Good work ethic – you will have the self-motivation to ensure you deliver high quality work to deadline and you will be able to act on your own initiative.
- Disciplined – you will have the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure and willingness to ‘do what needs doing’ when timescales are tight.
- Inquisitive and hungry for more knowledge – you are the kind of person who is not satisfied until you have found the right answer.
Starting salary £27,000 and a benefits package including life cover, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.