IMTJ Medical Tourist Survey 2019
LaingBuisson’s study into the experiences of over 1,000 medical tourists. First edition. Published 10 December 2019. (84pp)
“Despite great hopes, the medical tourism market has failed to deliver on the early expectations. However, our latest report shows the progress that is being made in delivering an outstanding international patient experience and overcoming the cultural and language barriers that concern medical tourists. There are some areas in need of improvement, notably follow up care and post treatment communication. This report gives a clear indication of those areas that we need to fix, if we are to drive sustained growth in medical tourism.”
Keith Pollard, report author
The first edition of LaingBuisson’s IMTJ Medical Tourist Survey highlights the positive experiences of patients who have opted to travel abroad for treatment. In a survey of over 1,000 medical tourists, nine out of ten would recommend treatment abroad to a relative or friend.
The IMTJ Medical Tourist Survey 2019 provides insight into the nature of medical tourists – who they are, where they are from, why they travel, what they spend and what they think of the customer and patient experience. It highlights the diverse nature of the market – a complex mix of market niches with differing motivations and influencing factors – and the good and bad aspects of the international patient experience.
It is essential reading for anyone operating in the medical tourism market.
What the report includes
The new report covers:
- Age, gender, country of residence and type of treatment sought.
- Reasons for choice of destination, hospital and clinic.
- Drivers for travelling for treatment.
- Funding and travel arrangements.
- Expenditure on treatment, accommodation and travel.
- Satisfaction levels.
- Positive and negative aspects of the patient experience.
Who is the report for
- International hospitals and clinics
- International patient departments
- Governments and Health Boards
- National, regional and city tourism organisations
- Medical tourism clusters
- Medical tourism agencies and facilities
- Management consultants
What You Get
- An 84 page report provides as a multi-user PDF
LaingBuisson is the chosen provider of independent sector healthcare market data to the UK government’s Office for National Statistics.