UK Healthcare Market Review
£850.00 – £850.00
LaingBuisson’s updated overview of the entire UK healthcare and social care marketplace. Thirtieth edition. Published 21 June 2018. (244pp)
In partnership with
“The LaingBuisson UK Healthcare Market Review remains the definitive overview of independent healthcare and social care markets in the UK. Now in its thirtieth edition, this year we look at UK spending benchmarked against international comparators from the EU, G7 and OECD and then examined the key sub markets that the independent sector are active across in more detail. LaingBuisson, as the chosen provider for many years of independent healthcare market data to the Office for National Statistics, contributes market data that is in turn submitted to the OECD, WHO and Eurostat.”
Market-leading UK Healthcare Market Review now in its 30th edition
In 2016 the UK’s total expenditure on healthcare was £192 billion, up 3.6% on the 2015 total of £185 billion. More than 70% of this expenditure is accounted for by public spending, with the growth in spending increasing to 4% between 2015 and 2016 (up from 3.1% in 2014-2015), and with the Government announcing a further £20 billion for the NHS in June 2018, this looks set to rise further.
Nevertheless, the figures point to an increased role for the independent sector, whether as a provider of services directly to private payers or as a partner to local authority and public health services in delivering health and social care services.
LaingBuisson’s UK Healthcare Market Review gives a valuable overview of the operating landscape for health and social care service providers across all parts of the market. It looks at current market values and capacity, recent trends, market concentration, leading players and funding sources as well as at key issues for the future. It also covers UK healthcare expenditure in context – benchmarking per capita spending in the UK against other EU and G7 countries and OECD comparators.
As chosen provider of data on the UK independent healthcare sector to the Office for National Statistics, LaingBuisson contributes market data that is in turn submitted to the OECD, WHO and Eurostat. One of the areas we focus on is the potential under-reporting of spending in the UK from non-government sources.
Subscribers to the Review will also get access to a fully searchable, cloud-based curated CareDirectory, through our iLaingBuisson portal suite. This enables online, real-time searches of independent healthcare and social care providers across all segments of the market.
What the report includes
- Healthcare expenditure in context
- Politics and regulation
- Private equity in healthcare
- CareDirectory access
- Market summaries including Capacity and market value; Market trends; Sources of funding; Market concentrations and leaders; quadrant analysis (funding and supply) and Key issues’ for each of the following markets:
Private acute healthcare
Care homes for older people
Adult specialist care
Homecare and supported living
Mental health hospitals
Children’s residential care
Community health services
In vitro fertilisation
Who is the report for
- C-suite professionals from right across the independent healthcare and social care environment
- CCG and local authority commissioners
- Directors of Adult Social Services
- Directors of Children’s Services
- NHS Foundation Trusts
- Independent hospitals/hospital groups
- Care home providers/care home provider groups
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Local and national government
- Healthcare and social care trade bodies
- Policy writers
- Think tanks
What You Get
- Digital package – Multi-user Digital PDF and Data in Excel + Printed Hard Copy + CareDirectory log in
Multi-user Digital PDF + Printed Hard Copy, Single-user Printed Hard Copy