EXPERTISE & EXPERIENCE
LaingBuisson’s expert consultants write over 30 regularly updated market reports on all aspects of healthcare, social care and education. Each report covers market size, segmentation and trends as well as analysis of the political, economic and investment environment. For further analysis and insight from our market experts, we can connect you directly to the report author via a call or video call.
William is an economist, and the driving force behind LaingBuisson. After graduating from the London School of Economics (BSc Econ) he began his career as an Economist with the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry. He subsequently moved to the ABPI sponsored Office of Health Economics where he was appointed Deputy Director. He left at the end of the 1970s to set up Laing & Buisson (now known as LaingBuisson).
William is viewed by many as the leading commentator on independent health and social care the UK. His comments on sector issues are regularly sought by the media, he is frequently invited to speak at conferences and to participate in ‘think tank’ committees and he has been called to give evidence to the House of Commons Health Select Committee on several occasions. William continues to edit several of LaingBuisson’s annual reports on social care markets, including Care Homes for Older People, Adult Specialist Care and Homcare and Supported Living. He is also actively engaged in consulting work for central and local government clients, providers and investors.
BSc (Econ), Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science
William is the author of the following LaingBuisson reports
For further analysis and insight into the reports, you can book a one-hour expert Q&A consultation with William at the special price of £350 + VAT
*Please note that to qualify for the special price, you must have purchased a copy of the relevant report. Reports are available to purchase in the Report Store.
- UK healthcare and social care
- Health economics
- Market analysis, demand analysis
- Expert witness statements
- True/fair cost of care benchmarking exercises
- Care homes for older people
- Homecare for older people
- Supported living
- Mental health hospitals and community mental health services
- Care of people with learning disabilities in residential and non-residential settings
- Care of people with physical and sensory disabilities in residential and non-residential settings
- Services for people with acquired brain injury
- Local authorities and care associations seeking independent advice on the true costs of residential care
- The Department for Health and Social Care including recent projects on Funded Nursing Care and the potential impact of the historic underpayment of National Minimum Wage for ‘sleep-in’ shifts
- Expert witness statements including for planning disputes, valuation of care homes and costs of care and treatment
- Reviewing business plans to gauge the market opportunity for care homes for providers and local authorities
- Advisory work for law firms, private equity firms and banks.