LaingBuisson is a leading healthcare business intelligence provider that has been serving clients for over 30 years with market, policy and strategy insights, data and analysis across healthcare and social care. We are the chosen provider of independent sector healthcare market data to the UK Government's Office for National Statistics and work globally with providers, commissioners, payors, manufacturers, investors, regulators and advisors. We help our clients to understand their markets, make informed decisions and deliver better outcomes through market intelligence, consulting and data solutions.
Our Business Model
Our consultants execute strategy and management consulting projects for clients, author our market reports, contribute to our journals and are content leads for our conferences. Supported by our research and data teams and with access to our extensive proprietary data and data collection capabilities, this means they are subject matter experts, often with an extensive network of CEO level relationships, enabling them to quickly and cost effectively add value.
Stephen was a Member of Parliament for 36 years serving as Secretary of State for Health from 1995 to 1997 and the first elected chair of the House of Commons Health Committee between 2010 and 2014, and also acted as a senior adviser to KPMG supporting the Global Health and Public Sector practice.
He has an MA in Law from the University of Oxford.
Henry was an investment banker for nearly 20 years, advising healthcare companies across Europe. He started his career as a lawyer with Linklaters in London, New York and Washington before moving into banking with Rothschild, UBS Investment Bank and Jefferies, where he was Joint Head of European Healthcare Investment Banking.
He has an MA in Law from the University of Oxford.
Before founding LaingBuisson in 1976, William worked for the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and the Office of Health Economics where he was Deputy Director.
He has a BSc Econ from the London School of Economics.
Charlotte was a solicitor for 17 years and a partner focussed on corporate and personal tax at Speechly Bircham, now Charles Russell Speechly.
She has a MA in Modern History from the University of Oxford.
LaingBuisson is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing the the most talented employees. We're an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without reference to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
LaingBuisson’s well-read business news magazines Care Markets and Healthcare Markets are interested in meeting freelance writers and journalists with experience of writing on the healthcare sector.
LaingBuissons’ news publications cover a wide range of sub-sectors within the business environments of independent social care and acute care, from reporting on political and legislative change to analysing end of year accounts to interviewing CEOs and COOs of the major market players.
If you could be a valuable addition to our team of writers please contact us with samples of your work and to request a sample copy of our titles.
In the first instance please contact Justin Merritt, Publishing Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
An Account Manager’s primary role is to generate new business from private clinics and private consultant doctors. We have a well-established online and print media portfolio including leading websites such as www.privatehealthcare.co.uk, www.harleystreet.com, and www.doctorinternet.ae, and you will be specifically responsible for selling the following to clinics and individual consultant doctors:
- Featured profiles
- Banner advertising
- Sponsorship of content and guides
- Lead generation services (whereby enquiries for services and treatments are forwarded to providers who pay a rate per enquiry, e.g. via https://lp.privatehealth.co.uk/gaq/quote.php)
The emphasis will be on generating new business as well as taking on a number of existing clinics and consultant accounts where the focus is on renewals.
The role requires a sales professional who is at ease dealing with private consultants and specialists. Advertising sales experience is not essential, but sales experience definitely is and new business generation is key. Knowledge of the healthcare sector will be an advantage.
Although a great deal of communication will be telephone and email based, you must be available to attend face to face meetings with potential clients in the London area and further afield. You may also be required to attend occasional events in London that are relevant to your portfolio of work, including our Private Practice Masterclasses, our Private Healthcare Summit and our Private Acute Healthcare Conference and external events that attract private consultants and clinics.
Reporting to our Account Manager for the Healthcare Sector, your key responsibilities will be:
- Making a high volume of sales calls to your target clients.
- Maximising revenue from your client base by attracting new clients as well as ensuring you retain and increase revenues from existing clients.
- Setting up and attending meetings with current and target clients.
- Representing LaingBuisson and the brands you are promoting at conferences so that the brands are understood and promoted at a high level.
- Meeting pre-defined sales targets for new clients and renewals on a monthly and annual basis.
- Supporting our wider account management team by cross-selling as appropriate and developing new business leads and clients for our marketing activity.
- Recording activity on our CRM throughout the progression of the entire sales cycle.
- Reporting relevant feedback on sales prospects, progress on special projects and customer feedback to the CEO and individual departments.
- Effectively collaborating with internal departments to deliver a strategic sales approach that increases sales performance and enhances customer experience.
- Trouble shooting and rectifying any queries or complications that clients may have and maintaining an outstanding working relationship with all clients.
Key skills and personal attributes
The ideal candidate will have:
- A superb telephone manner and the patience to deal with busy private consultants
- A consultative selling approach both over the phone and face to face
- Excellent relationship building and account management skills
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities.
In addition, you will be:
- Ambitious, well-presented, articulate and highly-motivated to generate new business
- Able to identify opportunities and creatively match services to the needs of the client and build on these ideas
- Comfortable in face to face environments and selling the portfolio to senior clinicians
- Computer and digitally literate
This position is being offered on a full-time basis with on-target earnings of £30,000-£50,000, depending on your performance. Benefits include a contributory pension, critical illness cover and life cover.
Please note that only applicants with permission to work in the UK need apply.
To apply please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting reference LBAM2018 in the email subject line. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in working at LaingBuisson but there are no vacancies listed above which match your skills and interests, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com outlining the kind of work you would be interested in and we will contact you when a suitable position arises.
Acquisition of Good Care Guide
Acquisition of Intuition Communication
Stephen Dorrell becomes Chairman and Henry Elphick CEO
Healthcare Markets launched
Care Markets launched
William Laing and his wife Agnes Buisson found Laing & Buisson