Digital Health UK Market Report
£1,200.00 – £3,600.00
The latest market research by LaingBuisson has laid out the extent of the current digital and IT spend across the NHS, and looks at where next generation investment is seeing to take the market. First edition. Published June 2019.
Uniquely for LaingBuisson, the report focuses on the NHS. This is because the NHS is the dominant buyer in the UK’s £5 billion healthcare IT and digital market, with the private sector only accounting for spend of around £250 million per year. Technologies are frequently tried and tested in the NHS before adoption by the private sector.
This new report specifically looks at how technology is used in the support of patients; the administration of UK healthcare organisations; and the general delivery of healthcare services. As such, the market is considered by sector and the technologies used:
- Secondary acute care: patient administration systems, electronic patient records, specialist clinical systems.
- Primary and community care: practice management systems, electronic patient records, new wave digital solutions (including virtual GPs)
- Integrated care: population health management, shared health and care records
The technologies are considered as first generation, namely legacy technologies embedded in UK healthcare; second generation, the current landscape of technologies and suppliers; and third generation, how healthcare providers in the UK can adopt new technologies coming on stream.
In looking at the third generation, the report looks at the drivers for change, including digital apps, wearables, artificial intelligence and interoperability. These are a very small part of the healthcare IT and digital scene compared with the larger IT systems already working in the NHS, and in looking to the future, the report looks to remove some of the hype and hyperbole surrounding the digital revolution in healthcare and predict where real future growth will come from.
What the report covers
- Healthcare IT
- Digital Health Initiatives
- Legacy Technology
- New Tech Innovation
- Politics and Regulation
- Market Divisions
- (Primary, Secondary, Community, Mental Health)
- Market Potential
- Trade Bodies
- Provider Profiles
Who is the report for
- Private Equity
- Think Tanks
- Management Consultants
- Central and Local government
- Healthcare vendor C-Suite
- Hospital and clinical C-Suite professionals
- Specialist acute medical care providers
- Private medical insurance groups.
- Clinical Commissioners
- NHS Foundation Trusts
- Property Developers and consultants
What You Get
- Print package – Single-user Printed Book
- Digital package – Multi-user Digital PDF and Data in Excel + Printed Book
LaingBuisson is the chosen provider of independent sector healthcare market data to the UK government’s Office for National Statistics.
Multi-user Digital PDF + Printed Hard Copy, Single-user Printed Hard Copy