Growth in our business means we have an opportunity for a Digital Content Editor to join our company. LaingBuisson International is the owner of market-leading B2C websites in the independent healthcare sector including www.privatehealth.co.uk, www.treatmentabroad.com, www.doctorinternet.ae and second opinion website, www.harleystreet.com. Since our merger with LaingBuisson, we are also involved in the redevelopment and ongoing maintenance of their B2B websites, notably www.laingbuissonnews.com and www.laingbuisson.com.
The Digital Content Editor will support the Digital Communications team in planning, creating and co-ordinating best in class digital content that maximises sales, conversion and digital participation. You will be expected to use a variety of content types to create an engaging and informative experience and guide customers to research and buy the right products from our digital channels.
This may be your first role in digital content editing – you may be a new graduate with a relevant degree – or you may have already gained some experience in a commercial setting. You will possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment. You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work confidently with internal teams and clients.
In return, working with our experienced and knowledgeable team, we can promise to build your skills by giving you the opportunity to be involved in all areas of digital content editing. Formal training will also be provided as required.
- To create content that supports the promotion plan and the content strategy.
- To ensure content is engaging and informative and helps to support customers on their browse/search/buy journey.
- To use analytics to assess the effectiveness of content and to make data-driven recommendations to improve the content.
- To create and maintain web pages using our content management systems (WordPress and bespoke). Programming skills are not required.
- To use WooCommerce to manage product purchases and subscriptions.
- To update our online databases.
- To use an image program to crop and resize images and upload them to the websites.
- To contact clients about updates to their pages and database records.
- To liaise with clients on the supply of content for their listings
- To research competitor websites.
- To support social media channels with content and schedule social media from existing content.
- To support our digital team with data refinement and analysis.
- To optimise web content for user experience.
- High level of computer literacy – you will be a very competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, and in particular will be able to manage data in Excel spreadsheets.
- High level of web literacy – including a basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO), a working knowledge of UX design and also of Google Services.
- Good writing skills – you will have a good level of written English and be able to write and edit content in your own right.
- Social Media – you will have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
- Digital content delivery – you will have an active interest in how digital content is delivered.
- Desirable: Marketing – you will understand basic product marketing principles.
Starting salary £20,000-25,000 (depending on experience) and a benefits package including pension, life cover, critical illness cover, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme is offered.
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.