We are seeking an Event Manager to support our Head of Events in the flawless planning and staging of our corporate events. This role will offer the right candidate insight into new developments in the healthcare and social care sectors at a time when they are always in the news, as well as the opportunity to further develop your career in event management.
About the role
LaingBuisson holds a series of conferences, seminars and webinars focused on the healthcare and social care markets which attract senior executives and delegates (www.laingbuissonevents.com). We also hold an annual awards ceremony (www.laingbuissonawards.com).
As Event Manager your role will be to support our Head of Events in the flawless planning and staging of our corporate events. We are looking for someone with experience of working within an events environment as a manager and as a programme co-ordinator. You will have sound knowledge of the events sector, suppliers, services and venues, budget management experience, first-class written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail. You will have a working knowledge of widely-used virtual conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
In return, we offer the support of our friendly and experienced team who will share their passion and know-how for events.
Our working days are Monday to Friday and the role is offered with the flexibility to split your working time between the office and home. However, applicants should note that owing to the demands of putting on live events, there are times, such as the day before and the day of a conference, when you will be required on site for long hours.
- Managing both in-person and online events to ensure that events are operationally seamless, customer service is delivered to high standards and all stakeholders are looked after
- Working closely with the event content lead to ensure that the event program is finalised and speakers confirmed
- Liaising with speakers on their participation in the event and ensuring they have all necessary communication
- Liaising with sponsors and ensuring their contract is fulfilled and they have all necessary logistical information
- Liaising with venue to deal with catering, AV, set up etc
- Liaising with AV suppliers and sending them RFPs to obtain quotes, brief them and work closely with them onsite
- Budget control alongside Head of Events to ensure costs are maintained and profits maximised
- Working closely with internal departments to ensure they have all information required to sell/market the event
- Ensuring that project timelines are adhered to
- Working closely with the Event Executives to produce event material such as sponsorship brochures, delegate guides, chair packs, briefing documents, slide decks
- Onsite event management or virtual management to ensure that all logistical elements are managed to a high quality
- Post-event analysis reports
- Experience of working within an events environment, ideally corporate, to execute the planning and onsite logistics of an event
- Experience in virtual events i.e. Zoom or similar
- Sound knowledge of the events sector, suppliers, services and venues
- Budget management
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills – you will be competent and experienced in diary management, correspondence, electronic filing and presentation.
- Project management – you will be able to assist with planning projects and implementing those plans.
- First-class communication skills – you will be able to communicate and build positive relationships with people at all levels up to senior management, including colleagues, suppliers and speakers.
- Multi-tasker and self-starter – you will be able to manage and prioritise your own workload with the minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to travel for events which may require overnight stay
Salary range of £28,000 to £31,000 depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes:
- Health cash plan
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Tech loan scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 'Love Electric’ electric car scheme
Click here to download the Candidate Information Pack, including full job description, the benefits of working at LaingBuisson and information on how to apply.