Shop

Private Acute Healthcare – Central London

£1,235.00£3,705.00

A comprehensive update of LaingBuisson’s in-depth study into the capital’s independent hospitals and clinics. Fourth edition. Published 14 February 2018. (338pp)

Clear

SKU: N/A Category:

Product Description

Downloads

PDF icon

 

Report Flyer

Report Contents

 

“The Central London hospital and clinic revenues represent 40% of the national market for private patient revenues. Independent hospitals account for 76% of Central London revenue, and NHS PPUs the remaining 24%, although the latter are gradually increasing their share over the years. Over the past ten years, the Central London market has seen very strong revenue growth, with compound revenue growth of 7.6% over the decade from 2007.


Ted Townsend
– Report author

 

New investments point to ambitions for growth in London private acute healthcare

The market for acute healthcare in Central London was worth £1.67 billion in 2016, equivalent to 40% of the UK national private patient market. Independent hospitals account for just over 75% of the Central London market, but as NHS Private Patient Units outperform private hospitals, their market share is growing. In fact, growth for independent hospitals in the central London private acute market appears to be petering out and we are projecting a fall in their revenues in 2017.

Where there is growth this appears mainly to come from a greater number of day-cases and more diagnostic work. This, perhaps, explains the continued interest in London for healthcare providers and there will be several new hospitals and clinics opening between 2018 and 2020 and it is understood that other operators are interested too.

The increase in capacity also raises other questions. Already it is reported that there is an oversupply in day-case theatres and where will the patients come from to absorb the additional capacity? Will the NHS become more important as a customer, marking a change for the London market?

Will there be an increase in self-payors as better marketing and customer service together with fixed prices attract people who otherwise would not consider private healthcare?

The fourth edition of LaingBuisson’s market leading Private Acute Healthcare – Central London report explores these questions, the key trends and the emerging themes in this dynamic, international marketplace.

It also provides updated estimates for the sizes of the different specialty markets e.g. oncology, orthopaedics, and detailed profiles on individual hospitals, including their admissions data and CQC rating.

 

What the report includes

  • Independent Hospitals
  • Independent Clinics
  • NHS Private Patient Units
  • Market Overview
  • Sources of Funding
  • Outer London
  • Appendices:
  • Market Definition
  • Regulators
  • Trade Associations
  • Provider Profiles
  • Financial Appendix

 

Who is the report for

  • Hospital and Clinic C-Suite Professionals
  • Specialist Acute Medical Care Providers
  • Private Medical Insurance Groups
  • Clinical Commissioning Groups
  • NHS Foundation Trusts
  • Investors
  • Banks
  • Private Equity
  • Architects
  • Property Developers and Consultants
  • Central and Local Government
  • Think Tanks
  • Lawyers
  • Management Consultants

 

What You Get

      • Print package – Single-user Printed Hard Copy
      • Digital package – Multi-user Digital PDF and Microsoft Excel files + Printed Hard Copy

Additional information

Report Format

Multi-user Digital PDF + Printed Hard Copy, Single-user Printed Hard Copy