UK Retirement Communities: Customer Insight report 2019
£850.00 – £2,125.00
The first large-scale report into UK Retirement Communities. First edition. Published 03 June 2019.
The first large-scale report into UK Retirement Communities
This 245-page report is about customers and sales leads of retirement communities in the UK. It is not a report about the communities themselves. The primary goal was to understand: why they moved; why they chose the community in which they reside; their perceptions, thoughts and feelings about their life in the community; the services, amenities and attributes that they value the most; and what they would change about their community.
Survey responses were received from a total of 2,799 residents across 81 retirement communities from 15 operators with a combined inventory of 7,370 units with 9,802 residents.
A secondary goal was to learn about the sales leads of these communities and to compare and contrast their responses to the residents of the communities. A total of 1,111 sales leads gave their input.
The report is presented in seven sections: All residents of retirement communities; Private owner resident; Shared ownership residents; Private renter resident; Social renter; Sales lead; and Comparison of sales leads and all residents.
ARCO (Associated Retirement Community Operators) partnered with ProMatura International, leading data and customer insight provider for older people’s housing industries in the United States and around the world, to conduct the largest and most comprehensive research study of UK retirement community residents (and sales leads) in the UK to date. ARCO’s main role was to assist in recruiting members and participants to the study, while the research and – importantly – analysis was designed and conducted by ProMatura.
What the report covers
- Residents by tenure type
- Attributes of Communities
- Characteristics of Resident Respondents Health
- Previous home
- Attitude comparison of Residents and Sales Leads
- Reasons for moving in
- Length of Residency
- Current residence
- Timing of Move
- Benefits of Living in the Community
- Key Quality Indicators
- Overall Satisfaction with the Community
- Willingness to Recommend the Community to Friends
- The Sense of ‘Feeling at Home’
- The ‘Safety Net’ Provided by the Community
- Quality of Life since Moving to the Community
- Value for Money
- Residents’ Personalities, Attributes and Emotions
Who is the report for?
- Operators of retirement villages
- Operators of extra care housing, housing-with-care, assisted living, close care apartments and independent living
- Operators of residential care and nursing homes
- Banks, Private Equity and other investors
- Management Consultants
- Business advisors
- Long-term care insurance providers
- Central Government
- Think tanks
- Policy writers
- Care agencies and providers
- Nursing agency operators
- Local authority commissioners
- CCG commissioners
- Directors of adult social services
- Care advisors
What You Get
- Print package – Single-user Printed Book
- Digital package – Multi-user Digital PDF + Printed Book
LaingBuisson is the chosen provider of independent sector healthcare market data to the UK government’s Office for National Statistics.
Multi-user Digital PDF + Printed Hard Copy, Single-user Printed Hard Copy